Friday 18 July 2008

Oh no

Update
As I am now living by myself, I seem to spend a lot of time sleeping with no one to wake me up in the morning, drinking myself into a light trance (intoxication by a bottle of cheapy Gallo is currently my favourite past time.

Also shocking news that Peaches Geldof intends to study at my university. Perhaps following in the same steps as dear old Pete, however I am not really a fan of joint degrees, thinking that you should either be wholly or neither, cant be half committed to something.

I have also started to cook for myself, eating one square meal a day (I get at 3pm) so far chicken on a bed of sliced potatoes, chicken burgers and meatballs all from scratch! Gordon would be so proud of me! Watching the F Word and the entirety of channel 4's programmes is essential when living alone and your friends are either too poor to go out or are no longer living in London!!

New Blogs
Lets have a warm welcome to Uni Looney who also talks about getting drunk, and the effects of university life style (and the inability to have a back bone which you don't have until your 2nd year of uni) , see also discussions of gay baiting -also for the fans of you of scotts law, we know its different but hey the author is a student too look at Scotsman.

Rock n Law - Chris Haywood - possibly the best looking blogger to exist? Did a nice chat with Charon QC can be found here about to start the dreaded BVC.

Things I need to do
  1. Read - all my current magazines mostly including dazed and confused, GQ, and the normal drabble. Then start on all my law books that I have never really paid attention too, in particular towards Tort , so when I go for any interview it won't make me look like a complete twat for getting a bare pass (medical illness aswell in the exam)
  2. Do something with the layout of this blog, hey Andro i'll pay you???
  3. Get up at 8am every day and go for a fun! My student belly is getting rather large, and I would like to pull some freshers in my 3rd year, which leads to my final point.
  4. Get a first next year - according to my mates on my course, it will be your best four marks within a category that determine your degree grade, and also a huge amount of discretion on how your degree is decided. So what apparently I need is four firsts to get a first next year, and how many subjects do I have four left! I did OK this year in terms of getting 2:1s, without realling involving myself in the material and a lot of late night panicing, if I really got myself involved with the material I'm sure I can do a lot better.
Sorry also to all the bloggers that I have neglected by not commenting, I'll try and catch you up soon!

7 comments:

Minx said...

Hmm - perhaps you will transform yourself from Beer Bellied Summer Sloth into Sexual Leviathan and All Round Legal Smoothie JUST in time to pull Peaches!! ( after all, she WILL be a naive Fresher and you a third year GOD!!!)

Lost said...

lol minx being that I'm not attracted to women that would be kinda hard :)

Lost said...

however I will become a third year god of amazing pulling power.. I even bought a copy of mens health to secure my goal!

Minx said...

eeeeeewps mah BAD! Do forgive my plank like and unsubtle self for well, bieng plank like and unsubtle! Perhaps the reference to Peaches should therefore be taken in the context of gorgeous blokes with the sort of butt you can sink your teeth into!

Lost said...

Haha that sounds better Minxy.
Changing the subject when are you going to start posting again?

Android said...

Hey Lost,

I like your 'to do' list - I have full confidence that you will be able to achieve all those things :P

Like I said on my blog, I'm more than happy to help with your blog design free of charge - just let me know what you want, and I'll see what I can do (no promises though :) )

Lost said...

aww thanks andro!
I might try and muck it up myself for a bit though lol