Wednesday 27 April 2011

Boring, bland and not selling yourself very well.

I had approximately just spent 10 hours rehashing my pupillage applications. When I sent them off to a friend I thought my time and good intentions would pay off. Obviously not.

"Its fine. Its just boring, bland and not selling yourself very well".

At least that was one person's comment. Oh wait, their opinion was seconded by someone else that I know. More re-drafting was required.

Applications were then sent off in a tidal wave of flurry and panic, for other more senior people that I know to check.

They haven't responded.

It's 6:39am on Wednesday, 27th April 2011.

I'm wondering whether I should bother to apply at all.

5 comments:

Minx said...

My Dear Lost,

Of COURSE you should APPLY!!

It seems to me that there are so many different ways of tackling the application, that there is so much advice out there that is largely idosyncratic, even if very kindly meant, your application is your own; one friend might find it bland and boring, another exciting and interesting. Same for the person who has to read it. Of course there will be rejections, but there will be successes, too, so dont sell your self short personally and rely too much on what everyone else has to say about you.

With regard to bothering to apply at all, as Simon Myerson QC once told me - when I found myself in the same position as you a few weeks back,

"What do you have to lose? Only the aggravation that comes with disappointment. Are you prepared to trade off the chance and the feeling that ‘it might have been’ against that? Once you answer that question, you’ll know."

Michael said...

Ditto Minxy's comment - you should definitely give it a go... nothing ventured, nothing gained and all that. :-)

Android said...

Of course you should apply!!!

WOW Gold said...

Of program there are going to be rejections, but there are going to be successes, too, so dont market your do it yourself short personally and rely as well a good offer
I have play the wow for a long times and have some good advice for you to get the best World Of Warcraft Gold with goods ways, I also have the best ways for you of the Cheapest WOW Gold, please don't hesitate !

Chinese Style said...

This confusion may well bring about conflicts in Chinese Clothing tips and in the end break the deal without reaching any definite conclusion.